Bloomberg is a well known financial software brand, especially the FOREX platform. It is well known for its extensive and colorful terminals. Bloomberg has now extended its brand to CFA study materials with an online learning platform.
Online learning could be daunting for most people as they mainly prefer the paper and pencil approach. But take a look at the features offered by Bloomberg CFA Exam Prep and I assure you, you are bound to change your view about studying online.
Bloomberg CFA Exam Prep online course comes with unparalleled features such as adaptive learning, one-on-one tutoring and bite sized micro lessons that are easily digestible. Now let’s look into each of its features individually.
- Adaptive learning: Bloomberg has practice questions interspersed after every micro lesson. The platform’s adaptive learning algorithm assesses a student’s grasp of a particular topic through how accurately he answered the practice questions, how fast he answered them and his level of confidence. Armed with this knowledge the algorithm then adjusts the learning path accordingly. You will be taken through a topic that you excel in faster than the topics you are not so good in, thus optimizing the speed of learning based on your ability. This adaptive learning method reduces the total study time by 40-60% as against a one size fits all approach.
- Interactive learning: Bloomberg Exam Prep has a chat style interactive learning approach rather than passive learning. This helps them to gauge your strengths and weaknesses immediately based on your discussions and adjust your study path accordingly. Besides this, if you have more questions and need more help to clarify your understanding, you can use their “Ask-a-Tutor” function and discuss with a tutor.
- Easy bite sized lessons: Now coming to the most important feature. Bloomberg CFA Exam prep has designed its course over 2400 micro sized lessons (they do not have video lessons at all). Its bite-sized paragraphs break down key points you need to learn in tiny, easily digestible pieces, before moving on to the next point. These bite-sized lessons are very digestible condensed, short and to the point and help keep the lessons fresh in memory.
- Practice Questions: Bloomberg is an industry leader in practice questions. It offers 8000+ practice questions. (For more options in practice questions click here.)
- Performance Measurement: The Bloomberg dashboard is a one of its kind well designed dashboard. It gives you your progress tracker, broken down section wise and based on percentage of completion, a breakdown of the courses in which you are excelling or failing, and an overall analysis of your performance. Going by Bloomberg’s track record in financial software you can imagine how good its CFA exam prep dashboard is going to be.
- Pass Guarantee: As long as you complete 95% of their course they guarantee you will pass or you get your money back.
- Free account renewal : In case you are not able to complete your prep in time for the exam Bloomberg gives you a free account renewal.
What else you should know? You should know the pricing aspect. So here goes….
For registering on Bloomberg’s site you have to choose the number of levels and the package. They have three packages, Essential, Premium and Ultimate. All three packages are valid for 2 years for the Level 1 exam, 3 years for Level 1+2 and 4 years for Level 1+2+3. All three packages offer the whole course material and all features discussed above. The differentiating factors between the three packages are the number of ask-a-tutor questions and the number of mock exams.
Essential includes 20 ask-a-tutor questions and 6 mock exams while Premium includes 80 ask-a-tutor questions and 8 mock exams. The Ultimate package includes unlimited ask-a-tutor questions and 10 mock exams. Accordingly the Essential package retails for $599 per level, while Premium and Ultimate retail for $999 and $1599 per level respectively.
From this you can see that Bloomberg CFA exam prep packages are much more attractively priced than its competitors’ packages, given its features. For approximately the same cost, Schweser gives you 3 mock exams at the lower end of the spectrum and 6 at the higher end and Wiley’s offers only 2. You can compare Schweser an Wiley’s CFA packages here below;
If you are yet not convinced about registering you can try their free package for 2 weeks. You don’t have to pay anything before 2 weeks and you can cancel the registration anytime before the free trail period expires. So I suggest you register for the prep and see if it suits your style and then make your decision. With this I’ll leave you to enjoy your free trial period.
Seeya and all the best.